FPC PLAN FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
Updated October 21, 2021
First of all, the church has never “closed.” During the threat of COVID-19 we have curtailed many activities and public gatherings, but the church has continued.
Service Time Information
In-Person Worship is held each Sunday at 8:45 a.m. (Chapel Worship) and 11:00 a.m. (Sanctuary Worship). Online Worship is held each Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
This can change if we observe a marked increase in reported cases of COVID-19 in Wilson County.
What does Worship look like?
Following the CDC guidelines, those who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask at FPC. We are still encouraging social distancing when possible. An informal survey shows that almost all adults attending worship at FPC have been vaccinated.
- We continue to celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on first Sundays.
- For those who choose to worship from home, we continue to offer online worship. For those in the sanctuary, we try to keep the technical equipment as inconspicuous as possible.
Who Should Stay Home?
If you have been in contact with infected persons, or have experienced symptoms that may be COVID-19 related, or are medically vulnerable due to age or underlying health issues, please stay safely at home and continue to worship with us online. If any of the following apply to you, please stay home:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Intestinal issues
- Fever 100.0 degrees or higher
- Known close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19
Your Cooperation is Greatly Appreciated
This crisis has caused many changes – some needed and lasting - and some we are excited to leave behind! The good news is that it will not last forever, and we are optimistic about what lies ahead for our church family.